My c2001 Pioneer Elite AVR couldn't power my M80's at loud volumes without clipping.

So I bought an LPA-1. I've had it for almost 18 months now and I absolutely love it. Zero regrets and I'm already on the pre-order list for Emotiva's new XMC processor that should be out this summer.

My M80's are bi-amped. I use channels 1,2 & 3,4 to do the M80's using Canare 4S cables from Blue Jeans Cables. I split the pre-outs with high quality RCA splitters. I know that bi-amping is a real point of debate around here. Some say it's snake-oil, and others say it makes a difference. I would say that the only way you're going to know is to listen for yourself. In my case, based on tests that I performed in my own den, I believe that there is a tiny sound improvement to be had from bi-amping them. Regardless of the SQ, I like the way they look when they're bi-amped with that Canare cable.

Channel 5 powers the VP150, and 6 & 7 do the rear QS8's.

If I'm really blasting it (100db+, all 5 channels) the LPA will get quite warm. Borerline 'hot'. You could put your hand on it and not get burned, but you would start to feel some discomfort after 4-5 seconds. Under normal listening conditions (5.1), it just gets warm to the touch.

I've never had any issues with thermal shutdown or clipping.

But I agree with JohnK; you might as well try the system with your Denon, as they're known to have pretty robust amplifier sections. If it works, spend your money on replacing those Bose surrounds first.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office