Nice review/summary Jason, it just goes to show, as with speakers, the subwoofer decision still comes down to personal preferences.

I find it very annoying when Axiom subs get bashed by those on other forums when they have never heard them and/or go strictly by how they have tested, opposed to how they sound. I know alot of people that have heard Axiom subs compared to other quality subs prefer Axiom's warmer/smoother sound.

I hope to have enough time to sit and really play with the PB13 soon. I think I am willing to give up the warmth of the Axiom subs for the harder hit during movies of the SVS sub, that and the fact I need the box, as the vertical nor horizontal verion of the EP600 would work well in my room. I guess the EP500 might have to be ordered up and tried out to see if it fairs better or worse.

In my home I have found the SVS to have a fair bit of latent resonance, especially during the U-571 depth charge scene. I have also noticed the PB13 to have noticeably more power at lower volumes than it's smaller brethren I had here. During the opening battle scene in LOTR, when Sauron's(SP?) finger hits the ground I can now feel it clear across the room at my usual listening levels, my wife smiled at me when she felt it \:\).

I loved the sound the PB13 had when I was recently playing some Amanda Marshall and other newer artists with bass heavy tracks. For some of the older cd's I do find the punch of the PB13 somewhat out of place, as I do not recall the live performances having that punch, but sounding more like the EP600, I still have some time before the PB13 must be back so who knows what I will do, maybe buy an Axiom to go along with the SVS......hmmm......I could be a walking dead man.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70