I have moved my couch back, now sitting roughly 6 1/2 feet from the speakers. I also have the 22's facing me (toed in) and I think it sounds quite a bit better. I do agree that my sub is definetly not up to the challenge, I am really excited to mate them with my upcomming purchase (SVS PC-Ultra). I can't decide what height to have my 22's and vp150 sit. Does anyone have any advice on this? Right now I have my 22's on my old speakers (which are on their sides) sitting 11.5 inches up. The tweeters are just below my ears on the couch. The vp150 is on my qs8 box (I know...so ghetto...) which is about 12 inches. I also have the vp150 tilted slightly up (using 2 decks of cards to angle it up) and I can't get a good mixture. When I am watching a movie using ANY processing mode the Pioneers' full band phase control does a really great job of cleaning up the audio and separating the sounds into their respective channels. But the vp150 is PAINFULLY bright with these settings, althought everything else is better sounding. With all processing off (pure direct mode) the overall sound is softer, with all sounds being less concise but not really in a bad way, I kind of prefer it on some soundtracks. However, with this setting the vp150 is muffled and hard to hear, especially the dialog during more action packed scenes. I know that the vp150 in particular is sensitive to placement, so how can I fix this? Also, I cannot for the life of me get my sub to play when in pure direct mode, regardless of the speaker size setting, the subwoofer setting/level/cross-over/phase. It's the damndest thing, it works in all other modes except pure direct. Anyways...any ideas on this stuff? Thanks in advance, you guys have been very helpful. ;\)

max

BTW, JAKE- When you had the 22's and PB13 did you still find that the 'large' setting sounded better, or at that point was 'small' a better choice?

Last edited by Max3; 06/02/08 04:54 AM. Reason: Questions need answering...

You don't know ANYthing, until you've learned SOMEthing.