Quote:
Is it accuracy to how the material was recorded or accuracy to how it should sound?

Yes. If you had +-0db it would sound exactly like what was recorded.

If you were to play a series of tones across the spectrum at exactly 85db, then a speaker with +-3db would not play any given tone at more than 88db and no less than 82db.

Quote:
Which frequencies do you consider being the lows, the mids, and the highs?

I'm going from memory here, but I believe that bass is anything below around 200hz, midrange goes from there to 2.5khz and anything above is trebble. I'm probably off on the numbers slightly but you get the idea.

Audioholics has a lot of very good articles that cover this kind of stuff in their learning area.

Its really hard to say exactly how good the MFW is in reality. As an example, if you go by the specs and what people say about the SVS ultra, it blows away the EP600, but from people who have done direct comparisons, the differences are quite subtle. I do not know of anyone who has done a direct comparison.

I expect that there are other subs out there in that price range that will do better than the EP350 for movies because they are able to produce sound effectes down to or below 20Hz. The PB12nsd is an example of that. The trade off is clarity for music. I drove myself crazy for a while, but ended up going for the EP350 for a music first system.

Electronics for less no longer carry HSU, but do now carry SVS products. Since they are in Toronto there is no shipping involved in you trying one of their subs.

Hope this helps some.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!