Hi Anonymous,
I've never heard of either brand--Kinima or Haus-- or the parent company, and I edited A/V directories for Sound & Vison (Canada) magazine for 15 years until 1996. I'm dubious of their credentials and background as speaker designers.

It may be an "OEM" manufacturer of subs for particular stores. In any case, you'll get far better performance sticking with a specialty designer of speakers like Axiom, who has a proven 20-year record of fine speaker design.

You can do without a subwoofer but it depends how you define "enough" bass. Only very expensive floorstanding speakers can approach the overall deep-bass output and extension that a subwoofer like the Axiom EP125 or EP175 will deliver. Moreover, they have powerful built-in amps to drive only deep bass, thereby relieving your receiver's main amp from those duties and letting your M60s produce upper bass cleanly without strain.

You can always upgrade gradually if you want, adding a sub when you feel you want the thundering deep bass effects from movies and large musical works.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)