Welcome, DJ

I am also new to the world of Axiom speakers. I've had my M60ti's for about a month now, and I am very happy with them. Right now I am listening to "Supernatural" by Santana. I am listening in my receiver's "pure mode" that does not output any signal to the sub, and I am amazed by the bass that I can feel, despite the fact that I am listening at modest volume. Also, the soundstage is incredible...if I didn't know better, I'd swear the center channel speaker was active.

I noticed you have a favorite CD for auditioning equipment, for me it's Mahler's First Symphony by Bernstein and the Concertegebeow Orchestra. The dynamic range of the beginning of the fourth movement is incredible. I also like to use Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain", Pink Floyd's "Time", and "Mistral Wind" by Heart for auditioning speakers, as these selections have lots of dynamic range, deep bass as well as high frequency passages, and they are all favorites of mine.

I'll bet everyone on this forum has a favorite song or CD they use to audition speakers...c'mon, tell us what you use!

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"