Originally Posted By: sirquack
I think I see the flat area your talking about now, along the right side, where the aluminum portion likes whiter?

Yep

Quote:
I really don't know if this will cause any negatives during playback, can you hear anything?

I haven't done any critical listening yet - I just bought them from the original owner a couple of days ago, but it's not bad enough to cause any rubbing noises. In my mind, this little bend will cause uneven pressure on the surround when the cone moves forward, which might cause the cone to distort slightly and then straighten back out on the downstroke. This could equate to distortion in the sound waves.

Quote:
Depending on how old your speakers are, Axiom might work with you.

The speakers are 2 years old and look like new in every other regard - very well taken care of. I didn't notice the ding until I got them home and started 'admiring' them. Since I'm not the original owner I will need to pay for a new driver, but so far tech support hasn't given me any info on how to get one, and most importantly - how much they cost!

I do mind. The Dude minds. This will not stand. This aggression will not stand man.

M60|VP150|QS8