Woo Hoo - back in business! I got the package this morning and had the new driver installed within 10 minutes.

The Package: It arrived in good shape.

The Mids: The old one on the left is a little taller due to a bigger magnet assembly (thus it's heavier). The new one on the right has an enclosed magnet assembly. I've seen this difference mentioned on another thread, and apparently the different designs are sonically the same.

Old Driver Removed: After removing the four allen screws, the old driver popped out easily. My concern about a 'sealant' making it hard to remove was unfounded. They use a foam gasket to seal the rim to the enclosure, which makes removal a breeze.

Job Complete: Here she is! I have to say that I can definitely tell a difference. I was skeptical that there would be any noticable difference, but after I took the old driver out and looked at it from below, I saw the distortion in the cone and surround. I was hearing the effect this had on vocals at higher volume levels, and now I don't hear the distortion at all - it's time to crank it up!

I do mind. The Dude minds. This will not stand. This aggression will not stand man.

M60|VP150|QS8