David - good to see your old Avatar back! \:\)

SK - when I first bought the 600, I also ordered a SVS PB13 Ultra to compare. The PB13 ultra has 3 plugs you can remove for a ported sound or leave in for a sealed box sound. I have to say, I loved the extra pressure I felt in the room from the sealed design, but in their case, the tradeoff is a decreased SPL output running it sealed.

I actually preferred the sound for both HT & music, but ultimately returned the PB13 because of two things. 1) lack of DSP allowed the sub to "bottom out" (distort audibly) at high volume levels, which was annoying, 2) it was an ugly coffin-shaped box that didn't match the rest of my system nearly as well as the 600 in HG Cherry did. If the sound had been night & day better than the 600, I would have kept it, but the fact was, at normal listening volumes it was very similar to my ears, and not enough to overlook its ugly looks. \:\)

With that said, there are a few others here who kept the PB13 over the Axiom sub... they might have other stories to tell on how they feel about running a sealed versus ported sub.

Given how much I enjoyed the sealed sound of that particular sub, I'm very interested in getting my hands on an 800. From the early graphs, it appears to play considerably lower than the PB13 without a sacrifice of SPL. Looks fun.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry