Hi Alan,

The movie is "The Pulse". The movie (IMHO) is terrible, but as a demo scene for low bass, it's pretty tough to beat.

The scene I was speaking of is Track 15 (on the regular DVD version; there is also an HD-DVD version I have not seen). The track is titled "The Lab." When the girl walks through the door into the server room, there is a thunderous low-LFE pulsing sound (hence the name perhaps) that even at average volumes causes incredible port noise from the 600, which I assume is because it is such a low frequency and mixed at such a high level in the movie soundtrack. On the PB-13, there was not the port noise, but the sub distorted fairly audibly as it bottomed out trying to reproduce the sound.

It remains my ultimate reference scene for low-bass capabilities of a sub. On the upside, because the rest of the movie is pretty terrible, you can usually find this DVD used on Amazon for 1 cent plus shipping (really, you can).

If you get your hands on a copy, please let us know what you think of the comparison between this scene on the 600 and the 800, it would be great to get your first-hand impression.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry