Hi all,

I am interested in picking up some axiom speakers (thinking a bookshelf pair)

I have a HK AVR-430 (which i hear should be able to power anything and also I hear has a nice warm sound to complement the 'brighter' axioms

I am interested in either the m22 pair or the M2 pair.

eventually (soonish) I hope to add a HSU research VTF-1 (from what i hear and read, its a good value, pairs well with axioms, and will work well for larger rooms down the road) and eventually after that, perhaps the rest of a 5.1 setup.

so my question is this: I move a lot (once every 6 mo - 1 yr) and I usually live in a 1 br apartment - my room sizes are fairly small as a result, and I am sometimes a upstairs and sometimes downstairs. Therefore I am looking for a relatively portable setup (no floor standing speakers) and speakers that are relatively forgiving regarding placement.

From what I see, the advantage of the M22 pair is that I wont need to upgrade for a lot longer and will be able to use them as my mains later on as I am able to afford more speakers. (or so i am thinking right now - advice?)

the m2 pair would allow me to afford a subwoofer sooner. However, I am concerned that it may not be nearly enough for down-the-road and I want whatever I buy now to last for more than a decade. (and be good enough to be in a house entertainment center)

I'd really like some advice. Since I'll be moving pretty often, I can see how the M2 would be better for my current needs. However, I also like what I read about the precision of the M22. (I listen to Etymotic headphones, so I like the highly-detailed flat response sound)

thanks!
-schizm42