ooh i appreciate all the advice, keep it coming!

I've actually owned the HK430 for a few years now, but thanks for the info on receivers. I've used the 430 along with various hand-me-down speakers over the past few years (including some no-name floor-standers from the 70s that got damages in shipping, a few others, and most recently Bose 901s from the 80s) while they have all been free up until now, I think I'm ready for my own pair.

As far as my music source, since I move a lot all my hard-copy discs are in storage in a different state... however, I have all my music stored digitally on my computer (either lossless or high-bitrate mps) which I connect w/ a toslink to the receiver.

I also watch a lot of Blue-rays on a PS3 (yay netflix)

I've been using high-end headphones for a while now (since the ROI as far as quality sound is much more reasonable when it comes to headphones, and I used to travel a lot)

I wanted to buy the M22 vs the M3 because I eventually want to build a full 5.1 HT system down the road with these as a foundation, and I feel like the M22 having the same woofers as the centers will help in that regard. (Is my thinking flawed, or does it make sense?)

Also, I plan to get a subwoofer fairly soon (relatively, like after a few months depending on a few things coming through - I'm thinking VTF since I watch a lot of movies, but considering I live in apartments - if the STF will work well for movies as well, I'd rather save the $)

And although I've heard a lot of great things about the m3, especially for non-sub use, I feel that by buying and then incrementally upgrading, I'll end up spending more money in the long run.