Originally Posted By: demetman
When I go to AUTO SETUP-PARAMETER CHECK-CHANNEL LEVEL CHECK and check all the speaker levels the sub is set to -12dB by Audyssey. My other speaker levels are FL+5.5dB, FR+5dB, C+0.5dB and sub-12dB. These are Audyssey setting right?
yes this is what Audyssey set them to.

Quote:
When I said "I selected +5dB istead of 0dB in the reciever what I was refering to was going into AUDIO SETUP-EXT.1-SUBWOOFER LEVEL then selecting +5dB from options of 0dB,+5dB,+10dB,&+15dB.
this is the external subwoofer in for the analog inputs on the back of the receiver, unless you are using this ext. input it is doing nothing.

Quote:
What is not clear to me is that you say I can not turn the sub down, only up. How does one control the subwoofer output from the reciever(3808).
While listening to music, not with the NET/USB input, you can set your speaker levels by pushing the center button on the remote, this brings up the speaker levels and you can now bring the sub levels up or down.
 Quote:
Are you suggesting I turn the volume(gain)knob on the sub from 12 to 9 oclock and rerun Audyssey to see if it calibrates my sub closer to 0dB? Thanks for your suggestions.
Yes.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70