Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback especially the recommendations.

@Rick - I have been using the headphones for 4 weeks now and love the sound but just didn’t know if I was missing something. This really started because I’m looking for a way to get power to the headphones while still being able to use the subwoofer line out on the Denon to get and lfe signal to the Buttkicker. I looked at the Gados but they all seem like they are supra-aural which I just can’t stand after wearing circumaural for work most of my life.

@Sean - I’ve been considering upgrading my electronics to get tubes somewhere in the path probably either a tube preamp + solid state amp or a hybrid. Since I don’t need it to be portable and the money would benefit my whole system your method sounds promising. Any recommendations?

@lkv_11 - Do you think the biggest difference between the integrated NAD and the LD MK lll is the tubes or something else. I ask because as mentioned above I’m already considering tubes for my main system. Be nice to get two things done with one upgrade or do you think a separate headphone amp is likely better than the headphone jack on a speaker amp.

Looks like it’s time to call Dan and make another appointment at his shop to try out some speaker amps while I still look for somewhere to demo some of the headphone amps recommended here. Good excuse to buy some more music since I’ll be there anyway.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1