I haven't heard the SVS first hand, but let me second Spiff's nod on the VTF-2. I've had a b-stock for about 2 months now. If you can find one, $399 delivered, pretty hard to beat.

I'd been considering getting the PB2-ISD lately, I'd been having problems with the sub since I got it. I'd tried everything, or so I thought, placement, receiver settings, sub settings, even called HSU about the amp. This weekend I discovered the Y splitter that came with my sub cable was affecting the signal the sub was receiving. How, I don't know, but it kept going into stand by and cutting out if I turned the gain up more than 1/3. Out of frustration, I removed the splitter - holy s***! That little box really started rockin. I went back and watched the demos again, Episode I, U-571, Monsters...wooo-hooo!!! I put in the demo CD that HSU sends out and the walls started rattling!

I was convinced that I just had unrealistic expectations and just couldn't see what everyone else was raving about. The upgrade itch is history. Safe to say, I'm dusting off my soap box, it's time to start preaching. Spiff, you've got some company.

Just one man's $.02. Hope it helps.