Saturn,

Right, we should have run the panning pink noise from the AVIA DVD -- we were too busy enjoying the actual music/movies. But I could already tell from the MCACC calibration tones (various pink noises) that the Maggies and VP150 would work together pretty well.

Mike,

You got all the DVD cases with you, but the Saturn A.E. platter was left in my DVD player. Sorry I didn't catch them when you were leaving (all of our attention went into loading your Maggies back to your car). I will mail them to you if you prefer...

Nick,

Yeah, I too am more of a music lover than an audiophile. For me, audio equipment is no more than a tool to enjoy the music -- that's why I have kept my Hales speakers for as long as 12 years (although I did a serious amount of research and auditions when I bought them). But I will tell you, once you find a feasible way to improve the sound quality of your system further, it is darn hard to escape from that thought. And I know that a better sound quality will increase my enjoyment of music, which does matter to me...