I was just joking above. See the winking face.

Playing by ear when watching a movies or having the pink noise does help but not totally I find. I did the same thing with my old (2 months old..esshhh) PMC TB2 and it worked well in pink noise for calibrating....but when I did the pink noise pan....thats where it came out wrong. when going from L to C to R with a panning pink noise it was like listening to a waterfall from the top at the L and when it panned to the C the pink noise seemingly dropped down like a waterfall till it was full center sounding like the bottom of the waterfall and then went up again when it was on the R. This was calibrating by ear, with SPL, with old Rotel. Now with my new Elite...I know MCCAC does have EQ changes to tonally match the mains. That I did not do becaue by then the center channel was gone. Actually now the PMC Db1 are gone too now.
Back to when the Tb2 was center and maggies were the mains... So when watching movies the sides of the soundstage was vast/airy and then the center seemingly sounded compressed/smaller/compact by nature. It wasnt bad but just different and odd.
Oh yeah the stage on the left and right with the maggies seemed way far back and vast. The stage on the PMC was about 1 foot in front of the speakers. I thought I was in Escher world.
I'll be ordering the Qs8 in a day or two...and was contemplating VP150 for $420cdn + $150cdn eggshell white or used MG CC3 for $1096cdn+shipping+duties