Originally Posted By: myrison
For me, BR is more about the picture right now than the sound. Don't get me wrong, they sound great, but the difference in sound between the (well) compressed tracks and uncompressed is much more subtle than the immediate "jump off your screen" difference in picture quality.

I'm probably more sensitive to this than average because I have a big projection screen on which SD-DVDs look quite poor stretched to that size.

I think you are right on the money. The audio difference I have seen with HD-DVD pales in comparison to the picture quality improvement over SD-DVD.

Does anyone else think the disc format might be dead for HD content? I think SD_DVD's will be around for a while as picture and sound are very good and everyone has at least a couple around the house. I can't help but think buying movies online and keeping them on a computer will be the wave of the future. That or just stream what you want to your tv from the same type of provider. In that sense, there would be no reason to own the disc.

Greg