Originally Posted By: jakewash
Actually SACD is not even supported on the 1800BD only the standard cd layer is read.

"....only the sound on the cd layer can be heard..." right from the 1800BD owners manual.

Continued through all the BR Denon owner's manuals and none of them appear to support SACD nor DVD-A. \:\(

Hmmm.... I must have been in 'wish' mode when I wrote that. For some reason I thought it mentioned SACD, but upon second look you're right. So I wonder if, since my reciever only has the one set of RCS external imputs, if 'Y' adapters would work? The extra connection may degrade the sound ever so slightly, but it would save having to unplug the BluRay player everytime I wanted to listen to SACD.

Perhaps I'll be able to post in the future about whether or not the XPA-5 will run a pair of M80's. I think I'm going to follow the advice of several members here and try running my system with just my Denon and see how it handles everything. I'm sure for movies it will do the job brilliantly. I'm more concerned with the way it will play music at high levels for prolonged periods of time. If it's not up to the task then I'll more than likely be purchasing the XPA-5 (now that I understand resistance a little bit better) and running my front left, front right, center, surround left and surround right speakers through the Emotiva, and run my remaining four surrounds through the 4802. This way I should be able to get away with purchasing four QS4 v2's for the rear and the QS8 v2's for the side surrounds. I'd save $220 bucks that way, which is a third of the cost of the XPA-5!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD