You are in a dilemma. You have curently 2 svideo sources with one svideo in.

special svideo input - progressive via component breakout(only can be used on X1 since special pins) or interlaced svideo

vga input - progressive input via vga or vga breakout to component

Since you DVD is interlaced use the svideo cable to the svideo input on X1. The Faroudja chip will kick in and give you a somewhat progressive look. Now that Tivo is also svideo out then you have an issue. Unless either one of those devices (Tivo or DVD) has a component out then you need to keep on switching back and forth unless your receiver has svideo switching.
I do not think there is a svideo to component adapter. I might be wrong on that. But I thought Svideo sends luminance, chrominance and grounds for each equalling to 4 pins while component sends RGB.
You might need to get that progressive DVD player sooner than you thought. They are relatively cheap nowadays.
Quality of chips could be better or not than the X1 Farouja chip. So get a svideo for the Tivo and get component for your new DVD player.
I personnaly run a HTPC via VGA 15 pin to VGA X1 because it gives overall better picture than my Progressive Malata DVD player even into the Faroudja scaler.

Enjoy your X1...I know I have.
http://www.spacelofts.com/x1/

Saturn