My wife does not like to use the home theater system because she doesn't like pressing all of the different buttons on the remote to get everything turned on. She'd rather just turn on the tv and use it's sound when she is watching something. I'd like her to get to enjoy the HT for sound since I spent all this money on it.

Does anyone have a good remote control recommendation that would make this process easier for her? I have the Onkyo SR600 remote now, which has two macros. I either need a bunch of macros, or something that does things the way she would prefer, meaning that when you turn on the TV the VCR should go on also(I have to run sound through the VCR for the receiver...tv doesn't have hookups) and the receiver should go on as well, and it should just "know" to play the sound through the tv, since that's what was turned on. If the DVD then gets turned on it should once again automatically switch to use the DVD as the sound source.

It sounds like a bunch of macros to me(in which case she might get frustrated remembering which macro does what) but maybe there is an easier way I don't know of with some fancier remotes.

Anyway, does anyone have a good remote recommendation. The only one I seem to hear mentioned is the pronto, but it looks like that remote is $400. Seems like a lot for a remote control.

Thanks for any input.