Seriously Ken. I find I am watching a lot more movies now that I have a 5.1 system. Even Hunter S. Thompson sounds better in 5.1... Well, maybe not. ;\)

If I watched movies only and was looking to buy another sub, I would probably seriously look at SVS or HSU.

Quote:
I'm finding that I am in an endless pursuit for the best thing out there (at least in the ~$2k range)

It looks like I am sliding into this camp, but I still need my bang for the buck.

I also really like building stuff, so my next sub will probably be DIY. I have already downloaded winisd and started modeling different drivers.

What I really crave is to hear/feel the 32ft stop on a pipe organ in all its glory. That is where I can tell the 350 is missing the lowest notes. I can feel the pipe organ rumble as notes move down the scale, and then it just kind of fades or flattens out.

To be clear, I really like my EP350. It is a good choice for a first sub. Where I have seen posts on other sites about troubles integrating the sub with the mains, I have had absolutely no issues. It performs well for movies: I get good rumble and a little shake. Kabooms are clean, they are just missing a little punch I guess.

Last edited by fredk; 12/31/08 05:55 PM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!