I recently moved from direct radiating (Klipsch) 8" surrounds to the QS8s. The difference is pretty dramatic in terms of rear imaging. Since getting them, I am no longer thinking of moving to a 7.1 setup as the rear image is so good. Even the move from two 8" woofers to four 5 1/4 did not hurt the depth of the surround image. And in your case, you are actually doubling the woofer space going from 2 to 4 5.25" drivers.

I have not heard the Polks you have, but I can say with some confidence from prior experience with Polks and the reviews I found that the QS8s will exceed the quality you get from the Polks you have, both in terms of sound and construction. Those QS8s are dense little bastards! I'm still waiting for it to rip the t-bracket off the wall when I, I mean Private Ryan, hits the beach.

Just to prove I am not a fanboy, I will say that I was not 100% impressed with the fit and finish of all aspects of the speakers. But my issues were very minor (given the price range) and not visible once the grills are on. (The QS8 is mostly grill as all surfaces, save one, has a speaker on it.)

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire