I think you made a good choice with that Sony TV =) they are very nice sets.

Just wait until the night of the 28th and you will be so very happy, LOTR is amazing on a big TV with nice loud sound to go with it.

LOTR is one of my constant play discs, I will come home and startup up LOTR. In the theatrical release (non-extended) chapter 4 is Bilbo's party with a couple of fireworks that make good use of the surrounds. Of these fireworks I like the blue arrows that fall to the ground then skim the ground away from the party in a star burst pattern. Chapter 30 is awesome for sound, great sound field, bone jarring LFE, and some very good spatial sound movements in the surrounds. Chapter 30 is the Balrog in the Mines or Moria. I have the extended edition as well but I am not sure which chapters they are on that set. I watch the theatrical for skipping around to my favorite sound sequences and the extended as a whole movie. Due to this movie having alot of dark visuals it is always best to watch it with the lights out and after dark.

Congrats again I am sure you will be very happy with your new setup. Oh and the LOTR disc I have is region 1, I am not sure if the other regions are the same or not.

Henry

p.s. I have a mits WS-65611 but I spent $3800 USD, several friends have Sony's and love them and I have always thought they are good sets.