Bob. There have been a lot of advancements in subs in the last few years and it is probably the fastest changing and most competitive part of the industry.

Even in the DIY industry where two years ago there was only one supplier of large high excursion high quality drivers. At the time they were considerably more expensive than the competition. Now there are at least 4 different suppliers of extremely high quality high excursion drivers and relative to two years ago, they are very inexpensive.

There are commercial subs out there that reach a little lower than the EP600 and perform a little better for HT. They are appropriately priced.

If you look at the Craiglist people, I think you will find that they belong to the high spl extreme performance crowd that really belong more in the DIY arena: not Axiom's target market.

The MFW15 was poised to be a giant killer. It seems to have more than its share of issues.

With there being more and more good 15" drivers on the market, I would look for more changes and improvements in this arena.

Personally, I really agonized over this one and was not 100% on my decision to go with the EP350. As I have learned a lot more about sub design and have had a chance to use mine, I am convinced it was a good decision for me.

The EP350 seems to have more low end performance than the -3db point indicates and I am probably getting close to the same output at 20Hz as similarly priced competitors.

The big plus of the 350 is that it integrates so easily/well with my mains and delivers very clean upper bass.

You can pick up an SVS PB10NSD for cheap that reaches 20Hz, and it offers good value for HT, but, from reviews I have come across, gives up clarity for music to get there. That is a function of physics. To get a 10" driver down to 20Hz means you have to push it really hard. This introduces significant distortion and reduces clarity/detail.

Bottom line, Axiom is a music/sq first company and this is reflected in their design choices. That fits well with what I want.

Last edited by fredk; 01/24/09 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling bot made me do it

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!