Ok, while I'm still not adequately prepared to write any sort of review, below are a few pictures to sate your appetites (read: get you off my back) \:\) until I have more time to do some more dedicated listening.

Unfortunately most of the pictures I took have as much of me in them as the EP800, so you get some cheesy pictures of me along with the new sub.

Me with the EP-800 (note the taped over "600" labels) ;\)

Unboxing the EP-800

Out of the box - high gloss casting reflections on the wall

Close up of the finish (note that's a reflection of my arm on top - the finish is SMOOTH)

New double-sub look

For now the EP-600 is unplugged as I've been trying to isolate the difference in what I'm hearing from using the 800 as opposed to mixing it with the 600 at the same time. I'm still using my small Earthquake sub in the back of the room at the same time to flatten the overall room response. Since I know it doesn't reach anywhere near the depths the 800 is hitting, I'm not too worried about it coloring my opinion of that sub. ;\)

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the opinions and seeing other pictures. I'll be back with graphs and more detailed thoughts as soon as I have them.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry