Sorry to bring up this old topic, but I have a question about my EP500. It's been rattling on me again lately, in which I've opened it up 3 different times now to move the wires.

Every time I do this, the problem is fixed, but only temporarily. Will the sub's performance weaken every time I open it up? Considering unscrewing and re screwing back in the bolts, would this weaken the sub? Is there a solution on how I need to arrange the wiring in the sub so the rattling (vibration) will stop? Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Also, I have tried on the bass heavy scenes to hold my hand on the back amp just to make sure it wasn't that rattling, plus I made sure all of the bolts were tighten down, I'm still getting a major rattle. It sounds like it's in the amplifier section, but I'm not sure. Depending on what bass scenes it is, it will change from a little vibration to a big rattle.

My sub isn't set very hot either, it's around 1/4 of the way from the min. mark. Sorry for the rant. Is there anything else I need to check?

Last edited by Ascension; 02/06/09 05:52 PM.

2 = M60,4 = QS8's,1 = VP150,1 = EP350,1 = EP500
HK247
Optoma HD70,110" DIY screen
Xbox360 & PS3