I've got a couple of different "front three" sets - Yamaha NS-444/333, Energy C-C50/C-100, and Klipsch Synergy C2/B2. Long story how I came to end up with three sets of speakers - I've only got two rooms. (I've got a couple of subs too.)

I only have room for bookshelves. I'm thinking of M3's and a VP150 center.

Question I have though is about bass. I realize that I'm not to expect the kind of bass that floorstanders can provide. However, with the Energy's I have, the bass is *almost* good enough where, for music, a sub isn't needed. The Synergy's are also very close to having enough bass for two channel music. The Yamaha's are absolutely not. Then when I add a sub it sounds better to me to have some bass coming from the bookshelves as well...just sounds more full to me with the bookshelves that sound pretty good down low.

When I read reviews - for example of the Speaker Company's $79 speakers, I read reviewers say that the bookshelves they are reviewing are almost good enough down low to not need a sub for music (but you obviously won't get the deepest frequencies unless you add a sub.) That's what I want.

Do the M3's fit that description? Is there any reason why it is totally stupid for me to care about whether they have a good amount of bass?