Originally Posted By: alan
Hi,

Those are really gorgeous and blend in very well. Thanks for the picture. I'm amazed at how capable the M3s are in your huge room.

While I've never heard our bookshelf models installed in such a big room, it nevertheless doesn't surprise me that they're capable. When I do listening tests at the Axiom room (which is very typical living-room size), I sometimes crank up the speakers under test to see what the power handling is like and when the blind tests are over, I'm astonished to discover that what I was listening to was M22s or M3s with no subwoofer playing at volume levels that are way above the norm. Power handling has always been a major design criterion for Ian when he designs the Axiom speakers.

Regards,

Alan

Thats interesting that you say that. Audioholics did an article on power handling and in the torture tests they used samples from Axiom.

This is a portion from the article.

Upon inspection of the deceased, it became apparent why it took so much power to burn this speaker. The VC wire was wound on an Aluminum bobbin, which in turn was directly coupled to an aluminum cone. This combination of parts allowed much heat to be drawn away from the VC, keeping it cooler than almost all other 1” VC's of this height and size would be. Kudos to the designers at Axiom for an excellent design job.

http://www.audioholics.com/education/lou...he-test-results

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne