I'm still reeling from the 435 pound Element Design A7. I mean that's four times as heavy as the just about anything else out there, what in the world did they do, build it out of pure lead? I've always associated a heavy sub with quality. When ever I've picked up a sub box that was light as a feather I automatically assume it's junk. So the curiosity as to why the A7 weighs as much as the 1000cc motorcycle sitting out in my garage is absolutely killing me! I may just be a big marketing ploy, but I'd love to know why it's so heavy.

As far as JL goes, I bought a sub box for my car a few years back (which got stollen before I even got a chance to hear it!), the JL CVS210RG-W6v2 Prowedge. Unfortunately I never got to know how sweet it sounded, but I remember as I was researching sub box's I really wished they would have had one with two 10 inch woofers to keep things tight, and one 12 or even 13 inch woofer in the middle to hit the lower notes.

I don't even know if that would be feasible, but I would have loved to have built a box like that to try the concept out!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD