I think I can speak with "some" authority on these products. Emotiva, Outlaw AND Oppo represent unprecedented quality and value for their products. I have Outlaw power amps and subs, an Oppo 980 DVD player(I am waiting for their new BDP 83 Blu-Ray machine) and I am probably going to purchase the new Emotiva UMC-1 pre-pro. I am going this route only because it will probably come to market sooner than the new Outlaw 997 and the UMC-1 will be considerably less expensive since the Outlaw 997 is the pre-pro version of the "flagship" Sherwood-Newcastle 972 recvr. that Axiom will probably offer for sale when it becomes available.

As you can see for some time now I have chosen to go the pre-pro, power amp route because it offers considerable more flexibility and longevity.

Axiom, Emotiva, Outlaw and Oppo all offer great products at great prices with great warranties and unprecedented customer service. You can be assured when you buy their product and you have a question, there will be a person at the other end of the line, unlike most retailers, that actually knows what they are talking about. I can assure you also, that I don't work for any of these companies. So don't worry, with complete 30 day money back guarantees with all of the above, go for it!