It has been a long time since I last visited, but here goes!

I owned NAD equipment since the mid-80s. Teamed with the classic Klipsch Forte IIs, I had a great stereo system.

When Outlaw Audio was formed, I was among the very first in line. The president of Outlaw is the same incredible engineeer who was head of NAD during the glory years of the late 70's to mid 80's. He went on to form Atlantic Technology, another company that was ahead of its time in many respects.

I bought the original Outlaw preamp processor and I still use it to this day. It does not have HDMI, but my Vizio display does. With the learning remote that came with the pre/pro, I have had no problems. The crossover is among the best in the industry.

I mated the Outlaw to a pair of used Parasound amplifiers from the mid to late 90's that I found on ebay. I bought an SVS subwoofer, a pair of M80s, a 150 center and a pair of QS8 surrounds. Between the Outlaw and the amps, I inserted Behringer 31 band digital EQs and between the Outlaw and the SVS I inserted a Behringer 10 band fully parametric EQ. After several hours, my system was equalized to flat to within a 1db room response.

Lately, I have added a Sony PS3, which my kids use for gaming and we all use for BluRay. This system will, at worst, match any system I have ever heard. The Outlaw is a gem, even if it IS nearly a decade old!

Outlaw also makes great amps, but you can find outstanding lightly used amps on the web for tremendous savings. My Parasounds retailed for about $1,400 when they were new, but I paid less than $600 and they were like new. After nearly a decade of daily use, they are still perfectly fine.

Oppo makes a fine DVD player.

For the money, these brands, including Axiom, are VERY hard to beat.

Bill

"Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness"...Go Packers! and Go Badgers!