My wife and I have been reviewing our hydro / electrical bill over the last year and realized we could go on a wonderful vacation with the money we have spent. Our bill is in excess of $350 per month.

I live on a 1.1 acre lot with no trees that backs on to a farm field. To say the least, it can get very very windy here.

Has anyone looked into or has a wind turbine(s) to help offset or even eliminate this monthly cost? I have even heard that you can put electricity back into the grid and the hydro company pays you. Does that work in Ontario?

I was looking at Canadian Tire and noticed they had one for around $800, but no installation. It was rated at 400w.

How hard is it to install one of these? What do you need? Do you need to hire an electrician to hook it up? If I were to buy 3 of them would that give me 400w x 3 = 1200w. Is 1200w a lot? Do you need batteries for storage? Does anyone know of any dealers located in the Southern Ontario (London) area?

Sorry for the run on of questions, but I am a real novice here and just want to get informed.

paul

Last edited by Worfzara; 03/18/09 01:12 PM.

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990