Sounds like your already past the general inquiry stage but for others, here is where I started looking for info a couple of years ago. Some good starting info here.

Small Wind Energy

When I built my house two years ago, I put in an Electric Boiler for heat as I was thinking wind or geothermal but I ran out of budget for the large startup cost for geothermal and wind just technology wasn't quiet ready for me yet. So far, I'd say my heating bills are just very slightly better than oil heat but I am very happy with it's tiny size, quiet running noise (biggest noise is the relay clicking on or off), no oil tank to be inspected risk leaks, no flu to get cleaned and most importantly, it ties in nicely with future plans for wind energy or is I'm set for a simple swap out for geothermal.

A neighbor who is trying to cash in on government incentive funds asked me to be a startup site for a tower so I know I have good wind potential but he was looking for a commercial size tower which was just going to be to big for my 1,&1/3 acre lot and my neighbors would have reallly hated me. for spoiling their water view.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.