Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
There is a tremendous amount of 'chaff' over on AVS, no doubt. Since they're just a massive melting pot of tens of thousands of opinions, it's only natural that there would be some "less than useful" posts. But there are also a few grains of worthwhile information lurking about.

In the past couple of weeks, I've spent several hours researching AVR's over on AVS. I've found a lot of valuable information. Tips for setup, operational notes, firmware checks & updates, comparisons to previous models, links to amateur and professional reviews, and so forth. You just have to squelch out the silly & immature stuff and focus on the nuggets of worthwhile info.

We're just spoiled here. The signal-to-noise ratio on our Axiom board is very high. \:\)

Peter,
There are bright spots, I agree. I was reading about my Yamaha RX-V663 receiver to pick up some tips on set up. The receiver has so much flexibility as to be confusing and I know that most over here are Denonites. The AVS thread has over 330 pages and I am up to page 50. There have only been a handful of posts worth reading. Maybe it'll get better - probably take a good month to get through it all given the amount of time that I have to spend on the forum........

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill