Originally Posted By: fredk
Zimm. You should give This article in Axiom's archive a read. Our ears are not equally sensitive to all frequencies.

Okay, I read it. Very interesting. But still, 1% is noticeable at many frequencies. And here, am I correct to assume that the 1% figure will increase sharply as the he begs for more watts? 37 watts in an average room at 12 feet gives _____ db (I don't know, fill it in for me).

Sorry, I just can't buy it. Hitting audible distortion, even in a small frequency range, at less than 40 watts does not cause me to blame the B&W 600 series speakers, or the architect. I can buy that 100 watts is good enough for most listening, and 50 will do fine for background music. But come on Fred, there has to be some point at which you no longer say any amp will do when the guy is having problems generating acceptable bass on decent speakers? Right? Come on, work with me here. It's the amp Fred, say it, its the amp. ;\)

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire