Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
So, Mr. Lofft, you mean putting a fuse in the circuit will impair the sound quality? Maybe you should try one of those gold plated audiophile fuses.

JohnK, if putting a fuse in the circuit path will have a deletrious effect on sound quality, think of all the other circuit choices which might also effect SQ.

I doubt he is referring to a fuse in the circuit. I believe its more like the power limiting circuit which causes an amp to clip when it reaches a certain temperature. Its a conventional way to protect the amp but it really screws up amp performance and hurts sound quality when the circuit kicks in and the amp starts clipping.

One design goal which the folks at Axiom have always said is that their amps won't clip. I've tried clipping the A-1400-8 and lately the A-1400-2 and can't do it.

That also puts an onus on the user not to abuse the amp or do dumb stuff. Any audio component can be abused and get fried if the user doesn't take care. I've blown enough drivers, receivers, projectors and processors to know better so I'm ultra careful these days.

John