Well I have pretty much decided to go with the M80... I will of course take it for a test drive before I make any final decisions but it is looking like M80 all the way...

I like the proportion of the drivers for one... Most towers that I have seen and or tested have two or three subs to every one mid and or tweeter. The M80 on the other hand seems to be well balanced throughout!

I emailed Axiom earlier actually to forward my question to the pro's in the office about my concern with my reciever be able to drive the 4 ohm load on the M80's... Brent responded the same day after looking through my receivers manual and does not see the yamaha having any problem driving the M80's!!! ROCK ON!

I am still a little concerned about the power issue/4 ohms given all my audiophile friends on here and at audioholics concerns so do not think I am not taking your advice cause I am and appreciate it all a great deal. I have learned a LOT in the past few months thanks to all of you...

on that note

CHEERS!

P.S. I just found this on yamahas web site under there "FAQS" page...

[i]Can I use 4 ohm speakers on my Yamaha AV receiver ?[/i]Yes, many Yamaha AV receivers are stable down to, but not below 4 ohms. We recommend that you use only speakers with a minimum of 4 ohms. Also, please make sure that the impedance selector switch is set to the correct position as recommended by the owner's manual.

Last edited by Mtbound10; 04/16/09 03:47 AM.

Yam 863
Pan 50 Plasma
EMP compacts and sub
Pan BD30