Originally Posted By: sirquack
all these people around the US that still have some TV's not on dish/cable, that currently can pick up their local analog stations just fine with their good ole rabit ear antennas, get screwed because the digital signal through these new converter boxes give you nothing but pixelation and audio cutting in/out?

There is a lot of antenna snake oil talk out there about you have to have a special antenna, which for the most part is BS. I live 20+ miles away from the towers broadcasting the digital signal. Are they not broadcasting at full power yet or what? I'm no putting an antenna on my roof/attic, just to make this work. What a joke.

So I'm getting tired of the pixelation and broken audio even over our local cable and still tired of not getting all the digital OTA channels I should get. I am strongly resisting the cable upgrade to digital which will add ~$100/ month (Seriously, that would pay for an EP500 once a year, which I have a strong want for anyway, at least for the first year). I ran across THIS and thought what the heck, I can do that. I didn't have any coat hangers, but I've got miles of 12/2 romex. Long story short - I lost 2 channels I had with the attic antenna, got better reception on one channel and picked up 2 channels I didn't have before. The problem is that I lost the 2 channels I wanted to improve and could care less for the 2 I picked up.

So what's the real scoop on antennas for OTA digital reception?

Scott

Scott

My HT