Originally Posted By: fredk
 Quote:
Unless you live in a concrete bunker

I live in a concrete bunker, in a depression, more than 60 miles from the closest HD broadcaster.

A little further south (maybe 20 miles) and I could pick up buffalo, a little west Rochester, south and east, Cleaveland.

I looked into antennas when I disconnected cable...

And you live in Canada - stop stealing US broadcasts. \:D ;\)

There will always be exceptions.

I'm friends with a guy that lives in a "hollow", or as he'd say, "a holler". His home is a good 40-50' lower than the surrounding land, down in a small creek (pronounced here as, 'crick') bed. Until the invention of DBS satellite service, he had to have a very tall tower for his antenna to be able to get anything. And the landscape here in Illinois is generally quite flat, though it varies. Compared to Tacoma, WA though, it's really flat. ;\)

I just don't particularly buy the argument that there are tons of antenna-TV people out there now who can get X analog stations now that won't be able to get X stations in digital once the DTV transition occurs. Yes, they may have to buy a converter box. Yes, that may be a bit of a financial and/or connectivity hardship for some. But I'm just sayin' that I live in a very rural area and it's quite unusual to see a farmhouse that doesn't have a DBS antenna.

Of course, if there's even one person out there that sees a hiccup in their TV viewing (and there will be) the media will pick up on it and it'll be a national disaster.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/20/09 06:13 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office