I pay for my music. 256kbs iTunes Plus or Amazon MP3's for me.

I have run into a few bad tracks on Amazon though - ones where the snippet sounded ok but the full file had disappointing SQ. I don't remember ever being disappointed with an iTunes+ file. Regular iTunes (128kbs) yes, but not +. And there's no DRM with an iTunes+ file, just like Amazon.

I like Pandora too for streaming. It's worth the yearly-subscription price, IMHO.

I wouldn't touch Limewire or any P2P service for music these days. Not only is downloading most (not all) music illegal but there are problems with both virii and music-bombs. A music-bomb being a music file where it starts fine but then then midway through the file it'll just flip to horrible loud screeching sounds designed to hurt your hears or your equipment. Particularly nefarious ones will have the music encoded at a very low volume so that you turn up it up nice and loud. Then blast you with super-loud encoded screeching. Not cool.

I realize it's a debatable thing. If you're going to use a P2P service to get these files, just be really careful with whatever you download.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office