Sorry for the period by itself in my post above. Seems I cannot conclude this thread with just a dot so I will just continue. \:\)

I also have dual EP-500s and experienced the same issue when one of my subs developed a problem with the amp and a replacement amp was sent. Please see this thread from several months ago. I was informed that the newer EP500 amplifier was redesigned to allow for greater adjustment on the volume control. Many customers apparently wanted more volume adjustment when coupling the subwoofer with brands other than Axiom, and hence the change. In comparison to the previous EP500 amplifiers, the output will not be the same at the identical positioning of the trim. However, maximum power output should, in theory, remain the same. I think Ian's finding and mine is that the maximum power output is lower compared to amps that had the older, higher-gain DSP programming. The newer subs still produce plenty of power and at the SPL levels that most owners use their subs, I think that the difference in maximum output is not likely to be of any practical importance.

Last edited by ihifi; 05/20/09 07:13 PM.

John
Our HT