Clan Tuttle recently traveled to Phoenix for a swim meet, and had the good fortune to visit with St_PatGuy.

I wanted to warmly and publicly thank Sean for being so gracious and so generous with his time.

My wife refers to my periodic Axiom meetups as my “online dating”. While Sean and I do clearly have a budding long-distance bromance, we are both spoken for. Sean continues a long-time Axiom forum custom of being obviously not worthy of his lovely and charming SO.

Due to some pretty bizarre and ultimately unsatisfying swim-team decision-making, we ended up meeting for dinner with my family at Gameworks on Friday night. I had never been to Gameworks before, and fortunately did not misplace any items for which I must return. Those of you that have experienced Chuck-E-Cheese will understand when I tell you that Gameworks takes that particular Hell to a whole new level.

Ambiance notwithstanding, we had a very enjoyable meal. Of course, it is possible that my assessment of the food and drinks was skewed by the high quality of the companionship, but we had a good time. Big mugs of beer with pizza and burgers. What’s not to like?

Sean generously invited me to his home for a listen on Sunday. His lovely home made me wistful for the days when there were not multiple creatures leaving items scattered willy-nilly all over my residence.

Sean is clearly much more into audio than I am, and I cherished the opportunity to experience his systems and to learn from him. I was impressed by his knowledge and experience, and especially his approach

I got to hear his Dodd Audio 120W monoblock tube amps with his Odyssey Lorelei speakers. It is a magnificent system, and certainly changed the way I perceive not only tube systems but also two-way speaker designs. The Loreleis reached surprisingly low and presented a very detailed yet rich soundstage.

I also got a nice tour of Sean’s very impressive home theatre setup.

Mostly, though, we just drank beer and became friends. I liked that a lot. It's fun to be around smart people.

Thank you, Sean, for a very fun and memorable visit.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem