Originally Posted By: wilwom
Thanks again Chess. My receiver does have a 50Hz selection. Once I get the M60s I will try that. My only concern will be the VP150 and QS8's but I just won't use 7 channel surround mode.

Stereo mode will be fine. I wonder if movie tracks have any center or surround content below 80Hz anyway?

Bill

My receiver only has a single universal xover at 80Hz. Depending on one's surround speakers, this xover is below their rated lower range anyway.
Since LFE is coded for a subwoofer and not a surround channel, you will not notice a difference for movies. However, in a full channel 7 speaker usage, that's a bit different.

I can't say i know alot of people that use this feature but i do have one friend who insists using it for sports programming. He apparently feels it sounds more like the stadium compared to using say DPLII or any other DSP.
Personally i think it sounds like crap and i really don't want to hear the announcer call a game from my complete right hand side, closest to that surround speaker.
That to me is unnatural compared to hearing the announcer from the tv screen area.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."