I've had my eye on the Epic 80-500 5.1 system for some time now. I am planning on using the system for probably 70/30, movies/music in a pretty small room, probably around 1800 cubic feet (but I will be moving into a new place with most likely a larger room within half a year so I need the system to be future proof).

I noticed a lot of people suggest getting the M22 v2 for mains if you're primarily watching movies which seems like what I will be doing.

My primary concerns are 1) how the EP500 sub stacks up against the less expensive EP350 v3 (especially in a smaller room), 2) if the VP150 v2 will be able to keep up with the M80's upfront or if I should spring for something like a horizontally placed M22 as a center channel and finally, 3) what receiver (and possible amp combination) should I use to properly power this set up.

As far as the receiver goes I've heard that a lot of people like the way Denon, and particularly the 3808 sounds with Axiom speakers. I wouldn't mind picking up this particular reciever at a discount with Denon's new line coming out now. However, I've also head people suggest that the Onkyo's are generally a better value for the same price, but I'm not sure how they would run 4/6ohm speakers. I've been considering adding a 2 channel amplifier to run the M80's and let the reciever handle the rest of the speakers (possible upgrading the system to 7.1 later on) but I'm not sure if it will be necessary in my small room.

Thnx for any help.