Originally Posted By: ClubNeon

The best I can do is try to associate new people with other people I know by the same name.

I’ve found that nicknaming people helps me out a lot. These are not always nicknames I use aloud but as a hook in my mind to help me remember their real name. My boss is “Big Joe” (from “Kelly’s Heroes”). Last boss was “Super Dave” (aka “Super Dave Osborne”). Then theirs “ferret” (Farrell), “lemur” (Leherma), “Super Mario” (Marti), “Sesame Steet“ (Sesma), “Dark Mark,” “Fat Phill,” “Ricky Ricardo,”…downside is that the inner voice has snuck out a couple of times.

…but I totally forgot to react or acknowledge, it isn't until later that it registers.

And then if you do react they are totally confused.

While I do enjoy driving, and can do amazing things with a car. It take so much out of me, I'm completely drained by the time I reach my destination. No matter the speed everything feels like a 200 Mph race. I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to work, and most places I need to go in town. I only drive at most once a week, sometimes I even skip one, and catch a ride.

I'm a crappy driver overall and especially in traffic. When the traffic gets heavy or I’m driving in a new place I have to turn the radio down or I start paying too much attention to it and zone out. I loved living in Wellington, NZ because I could walk or take the bus/trolley or train everywhere. If I needed to drive somewhere one of my girlfriends had a Mini. I also have to always drive with the window rolled down. If I can’t here what’s going on outside the care I get detached like I’m driving in a video game. Unfortunately, one drawback to living out West is you really need to drive. Luckily I found a house where almost all the shopping I need is within a mile.

Originally Posted By: danmagicman7

And, I never got made fun of in college for expressing the idea that was on my mind at the moment. Never.

Neither did I but I pretty sure it’s because they were frightened.

Originally Posted By: bridgman

Grunt, I'm the guy that *nobody* wants on point.

I hear ya, I’ve had a couple guys like that. One night while walking through some tall grass on a training patrol at Camp Pendleton something just felt wrong so I signaled for a listening halt. I quickly realized my point man had walked us into a herd of bison. After extricating ourselves we had a little talk about his situational awareness.. Didn‘t help.

Originally Posted By: fredk

Long story short, your normal, in a weird sort of way

That about sums it up.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1