Ok I did some serious listening this weekend and the more I listen to these speakers the more I love them. I read in a forum here once that it takes a little time for your ears to adjust to the quality sound that the Axioms produce. I think that maybe a fairly accurate statement, especially when you were listening to an htib and move to the Epic 80-500 system. I'm still waiting for the new amp for the EP-500 to get here, looks like Wed of this week, so I turned off the QS8s and VP150 when listening to just audio over the weekend. Wow what a soundstage those too speakers create, they absolutely fill my room . Even in my accoustically challenged room the M-80s are just plain fantastic, you don't hear the speakers you hear the music. I am an Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull fan so I broke out my Minstral in the Gallery Remaster CD. I closed my eyes and it was like they were in the room playing a concert just for me. There were times when Ian's flute sent shivers down my spine. We also listen to a lot of Classical too, my wife commented during Beethovens 9th that even during the softer passages you are able to hear every instrument. Then I turned the VP150 and QS8s back on and watched the LOTR "Fellowship of the Ring". I was pretty sure going in that the scenes of the Mines of Moria were going to be special. I was not disappointed, The sounds of the water tricking aound you, and the echos in the tunnels and Great Hall were just wonderful. When Pippin knocked the head off of the corpse and then it all fell down the well was great, I don't remember being able to hear just how far down that well everything fell before. Then the drums, OMG even without the sub the drums were very deep and tight. I can't wait to see that scene again with the sub, it may just vibrate the plaster off the outside of my house. Ok I spent many hours this weekend listening to a variety of music and watching movies. I can honestly say that Axiom will not be getting these speakers back.

M80v2,EP500v2,VP150v2,4xQS8v2,Algonquins V3
Denon 3808CI
Oppo BDP-83
LG 55LW6500