This thread really comes down to the business practises of the companies involved. There are people/businesses out there that only want to sell you something ONCE, knowing full well what they are selling is garbage and you'll never give them your business again, but they made a quick buck which is all they care about. Other companies want your business down the road as well, so they'll do everything to make you feel confident in dealing with them.

On a slightly different note, I really would like to see the gov't crack down on telemarketers as well. Some of these people are rude and obnoxious to say the least, when you don't want whatever they're selling. One window installer/seller calls up and asks me if I want new windows installed....when I say "I don't need any", he actually says to me "why not?"......so I politely asked him if he was a fack'n moron with no understanding of the English language.

I've been approached by the dreaded "white van" three times that I can remember and the approach is nearly always the same. I'm wondering if somebody wrote a "Handbook for White Van Speaker Sellers" for these guys....

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.