Well, I have almost finished my bass trap towers. I have learned a lot so far about construction. Anyway, I was going to make them triangular and put them in the corner and have them go almost to the ceiling, but since I had to limit my sides to 12 inches I felt that would tip over easily so I decided to make them 1 foot square and 4ft tall. I began by cutting 1 inch x 12 inch x 48 inch plywood into 1 ft squares. We then drilled out 1 inch holes centered 1 inch from the corners. I made a top and bottom with a shelf at two ft. I found it was important to drill all the holes through all boards at the same time to prevent it from getting out of line. After I finished that I cut the mineral wool into 1ft squares and stuffed them into the towers. The corners got scrunched because the dowel rods were in the way. After this was completed I had to figure out how to attach the material to the towers. This was difficult and my first attempt just looked horrid. Since I had square corners only in 3 different levels of the tower making the material tight was a problem and it is wasn't nice and square. It just looked like my son built it and he is only 1 year old. I decided I had to make the corners square and hide the staples so back to lowes. I then bought corner pieces that I could attach onto each side to make my sides square, some flat molding to make my edges even, and some decorative molding to hide my staples after I stretch and attach the material. Overall I have learned how to do this. This design worked, but after building it this way I think I would have been better off just building a 3 teir shelf and stuffing it, then wrapping it with the material. I spent WAY to much money because I changed my design after buying materials. Anyway, I think when all is said and done these will look nice and are very sturdy with the one inch dowels and the outer corner piece sides holding it together. It is solid and will work well, but I don't think I will build my next one this way. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will after it is done.

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center