Originally Posted By: mikeak
I am from a small town in southern Sweden called Lund.

I know I've heard the name, but I don't know where. I listen to a lot of Swedish bands, so maybe one of them mentioned it.

Originally Posted By: mikeak
One trick for traveling to Europe is knowing that US laws require an airline to go to their home country. So British Airways has to fly to England, Air France to France, SAS to one of the Scandinavian Countries. Why do I say this? If you fly Air France to London they will charge the same as BA to be competitive, BUT they will fly to Paris and then put you on a flight to London. You just tell them you want a 5 day transit stop in Paris going there / coming back and you get 2 cities for the price of 1.... You could even make it longer and fly somewhere else and come back to Paris then board your flight home / alternatively drive around in Europe.

That's a great tip. Hopefully I'll remember it whenever I get around to visiting.

I really want to hit England and Sweden (simply because they seem to be the music capitals of the world these days), but I'm sure I'd enjoy plenty of places over there. I have an online friend in Amsterdam who I'm sure would love to see me. I just need to convince enough friends to go with me on this great European tour.